If you have young children in your home, it’s important to keep all batteries out of reach and to know what to do if a child swallows one. These guidelines can help.
Store all unused batteries out of the sight and reach of children. Recycle or dispose of used batteries properly.
Many communities have battery drop-off bins where you can take your used batteries.
Check products that use button batteries to see if the battery compartment requires a screwdriver or other tool to open it, and make sure all battery compartments are securely closed.
Keep products that use button batteries out of the reach of unsupervised children.